More than half of all computer operators experience eyestrain, neck and shoulder pain, headaches, blurred vision and other symptoms directly and indirectly related to increased, sustained nearpoint visual stress, associated with the use of computers. Visual stress also may underlie complaints of general body fatigue, reduced efficiency at work and higher error rates as the day progresses.
Most of these symptoms are allieviated through a combination of correcting workstation conditions, posture, stress-relieving lenses prescribed specifically for computer operation, and in some cases, through impoving vision skills through vision training.
Some signs and symptoms of computer related vision problems are:
- Neck and shoulder pain
- Irritated eyes
- Blurred vision
- Slow refocusing when looking from papers or screen to distance objects
- Frequently losing place when moving eyes between papers and screen
- Difficulty seeing clearly at distance after prolonged computer use
- Occasional or frequent doubling of vision
- Changes in color perception
- Present lens prescription fails to relieve symptoms
If you suffer from any of these symptoms, it is time to have a comprehensive vision, visual skills and eye health examination.
Your eye doctor’s recommendations may be the key to making work less stressful, less painful and more productive. And you may avoid the onset of more permanent visual and eye conditions now observed by the doctors among many computer users. For more information call our Escondido optometrist today!
Have you considered losing the glasses and contact lenses? Ask your Escondido CA eye doctor if LASIK is right for.